Thursday, September 25, 2014




WEBER BABYQ - PIZZA/TACO CUPS - PART 1

Lots of interest on forums lately using the Stand and Stuff tortillas which is a new product for me.  I made my usual Taco mix and had them for dinner last night and had some filling left over.  I was not that happy with the flavour of the shells. Very popular also has been the 2 ingredient pizza pastry so I decided to test that as a shell.

First put the BabyQ on to heat up to 200C.  I foil on the grill and then a trivet.
Mix:
1 1/4 cups SR Flour (most recipes say l cup but I find that too sticky to manage)
1 cup Greek Yoghurt
I added a teaspoon of Grill Carribean Kick Seasoning (optional) I like all the variations of seasonings available these days and try any new ones I notice.  I feel it adds a subtle flavour to the dough.
It should divide into 12 pieces between a walnut and golf ball size - I rolled each ball out to 10 cm.



I have a square muffin tin which fits nicely into the BabyQ (its just that bit smaller than my normal muffin shaped tin) and I pushed each piece of dough into the squares and baked for 8 minutes.  Being SR flour even though very thin they puffed up a bit more than I would have liked.
I then added some taco meat (about a soup spoon of meat) I had previously cooked and sprinkled on some grated cheese.  I put them back into the BabyQ for another five minutes.  I left some empty and have turned them over so you can see the bottoms were nicely browned in this time and the filling was hot.


Topped with chopped tomato, lettuce and taco sauce they tasted fine.



Out of curiosity I placed the same circles on an upside down mini muffin tray and baked for 10 minutes.  This dough is too soft to stand up and I didnt feel they would hold sufficient filling.  Also they wouldnt be stable whereas the cases done in the square muffin tins are great.



CONCLUSION:  The flavour was good but too much case for my personal taste, I have previously made cases from my no knead pizza recipes and I think I would use that the next time I make my own cases. The size was ideal as a snack or happy hour savoury, I will be packing this tin unless I see another one to buy in my caravan.















1 comment:

  1. This is the precise weblog for anybody who needs to seek out out about this topic. You notice so much its almost arduous to argue with you. You positively put a brand new spin on a subject that's been written about for years. Nice stuff, simply nice!

    ReplyDelete