Tuesday, November 2, 2010

ROCKMELON (CANTALOUPE) WITH CINNAMON PRESERVES

I finished the process of making these this morning and am uncertain as to whether I like it or not.  Its simply rockmelon, sugar, lemon juice and a cinnamon stick.This was a large 2K melon before I cut it up and I didnt get much from it.  As suggested it would probably be nice on good quality ice cream.The original recipe I comes from breadmakingblog.breadexperience if you want to give it a try yourself.

There are lots of really good photos of bread making at this site and I like the idea of making toppings for the bread.  I dont have a proper canning kit but for something this small I simply boil the jars and keep it in the refrigerator.

I decided the next day to try it with philly cheese on toast..

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of rockmelon preserves before! Looks delicious on the toast - may give it a try!!

    Happy travels!!
    Adventures in Australia

    ReplyDelete