Wednesday, February 29, 2012

WEBER BABYQ CHEVRE CHEESE & CARAMELISED ONION PIZZA


When I read this on the blog reader from Breadin5 I had never heard of Chevre Cheese.  It is a soft goats cheese.  The whole idea of mixing it with caramelised onion appealed to me.  The onion is supposed to stay fresh for a few days so I made some yesterday.  I have had the Semolina with Olive Oil Pizza dough ready in the refrigerator for a few days.  I came across a deli that sold the Chevre Cheese and brought it home tonight and made up a small pizza for one adapting from the Breadin5 web site.  I didnt have the plain cream cheese used in the recipe but mixed in some grated pizza cheese.  I used about 2 Tablespoons of the Chevre and pizza mix.  Very difficult to use half an egg so I used a whole one knowing it would cook.  I pinched up the sides of the pizza so it didnt spill out.  I cooked it for 8 minutes in a preheated BabyQ.  It was very nice and I look forward to using the rest of the Chevre Cheese in a similar manner.  

2 comments:

  1. That looks sensational! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I made it again with the chevre and cream cheese as per the recipe and it was even nice. A good recipe for vegetarians who eat dairy. Figs are cheaper here now and they went well on the side.

      Delete