Friday, December 30, 2011

Weber BabyQ Chorizo & Parmesan Tasty Bites



















I just love these and have reduced the quantities to make 12 in the Weber BabyQ.  Perfect for Happy Hour or New Year.  Could also be cooked at home or as I have done previously in a Camp Oven that fits the mini muffin tin.

Put a double layer of alfoil and trivet in BabyQ and preheat to 190C

Spray or grease mini muffin tin

Mix:
1 cup Self Raising flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/8 teaspoon chilli powder
Salt and Pepper
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
¼ cup parsley or rocket

In another bowl mix
1 beaten egg
½ cup milk
2 tablespoons olive oil

Mix wet into dry only mixing enough to combine.

Divide and spoon  into 12 minimuffins

Bake at 190C 15-18 minutes until brown on top

Cool but can be eaten  warm.



3 comments:

  1. I'm always surprised by the amazingly fabulous things you make in that BabyQ!!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had some fun with the BabyQ over the holiday period. As someone once said to me about the camp oven cooking "an oven is an oven, there is nothing you cant cook in one type the same as the other". It has made me think about the extra uses you can get out of a camp oven, deep frying and long slow cooking wouldnt work in the BabyQ. Cutting back to taking just the BabyQ and not my Volcano and Camp Oven would be restrictive. I could do long slow stuff in my Thermal Pot. The bigger advantage of the BabyQ in summer is when there are fire bans in place.....decisions....decisions. :) Happy New Year back Red.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn: I have given you an award for you fab. Blog. receive it at my blog. Keep up the great work.
    Ron Clanton
    The outlaw Gourmet

    ReplyDelete