Tuesday, March 10, 2015

2015-03-06/9 Extended Weekend with the 
Australian Campertrailer Group
at Upper Colo River Reserve



I again planned an easy weekend.  I still had some Cranberry Chutney from previous blogs still in my refrigerator, that as topping on a nice room temperature Brie with crackers was my contribution for happy hour on the Friday night. 
The Saturday night I made Queso Fundido which I first made at Burra in SA.The Chorizo for these was much darker but the flavour much the same. It is hot with the Japalenos but its still enjoyed by many.

Pinterest these days has more snack and Happy Hour recipes than I could cook in my lifetime. I felt the following would be quick and easy and only the cheese and wonton wrappers needed to be refrigerated prior to use. I made these on the Sunday night when there were less at the Happy Hour.

Crab Rangoon (Cream Cheese Wontons) 
250 packet cream cheese room temperature

225 can shredded crab drained
1 level Tablespoon icing suger
2 finely chopped shallots 
(optional variation on original)  1 packet Wonton Wrappers (my packet had 30 and I used 24)  Oil for deep frying (I used l ltre bottle of Peanut Oil)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Mix all thoroughly together
Brush outside edges of Wonton wrappers with water and place a rounded teaspoon of filling in the centre.  Pull up the points pressing sides making sure they are well sealed.


Deep fry until golden brown - let cool a little before serving

Serve with a Sweet and Sour dipping sauce or sauce of your preference. I made 24 but with a little less filling could have used the 30 wrappers. They were enjoyed giving some ideas for different fillings and maybe extra crab added to the cheese.





1 comment:

  1. I certainly agree to some points that you have discussed on this post. I appreciate that you have shared some reliable tips on this review.

    ReplyDelete