Sunday, June 2, 2013

WEBER BABYQ SPICY LAMB PASTRIES



Seeing similar made on the tv I thought they were a good idea for Happy Hours or a light meal when camping.  I had some of my Semolina/Olive Oil No Knead pizza dough in the fridge to use up.  I didnt have the Lebanese 7 Spice available so I googled a recipe and made up some.  Since then I noticed in the supermarket a Moroccan Spice which I think would go well.  I had some meat left over and found it made an excellent meat pattie for a roll.

Ingredients:

I used approximately half my no knead pizza dough and made about 24:

The Full Dough Quantity makes about 8 BabyQ sized ones:

3 cups warm water into which I stir 1 Tablespoon dried yeast, 1 tablespoon Salt, 1/3rd cup olive oil.  Then mix in 3 cups Semolina and 3 1\2 cups plain flour.  Put aside to rise covered but not sealed for at least 2 hours till doubled.  Best then refrigerated overnight but can be used immediately.  This should keep well for two weeks in the refrigerator.


The Filling:

500 grams (1 lb) minced lamb
1/3rd cup pine nuts (I toast mine)
1 Onion finely chopped
1 Tomato finely diced (or drain l med can dicsed tomatoes)
1 Tablespoon Lebanese Seven Spices (if not available google a recipe and blend your own)
Freshly ground pepper and salt to taste
1 Tablespoon each of pomegranate concentrate and yoghurt (optional)

Mix all the above together.\

2 Tablespoons melted butter or spray oil for baste
Small amount plain flour for rolling




1 comment: