Monday, June 24, 2013

WEBER BABYQ FRENCH SAVOURY LOAF




This can be made with other ingredients but these were the ones on the recipe from Rachel Khoo I adapted for the BabyQ.  It cooked well and was enjoyed.

Ingredients:
2 rounded cups of Self Raising Flour
115g stick of Ash Goats Cheese supposed to be cut but mine was too soft so I just crumbled it into large crumbles.
1/2 cup roughly chopped pistachio nuts
1/2 cup roughly chopped prunes (olives could be subsituted but the prunes went very well with the goats cheese)
4 large eggs beaten
1/2 cup olive oil or melted butter
1/2 cup milk
2 Large Tablespoons Yoghurt
1 teaspoon salt
pinch freshly ground pepper

Preheat your oven to 180C/350F if you can, my BabyQ usually is a bit higher which means I have to be more aware of the time it will take to cook.  I put a sheet of foil under a trivet when baking cake type mixtures in the BabyQ.
I paper lined a 6"square deep tin I found at an op shop and well greased the tin.
In a bowl mix together flour, cheese, pistachios and prunes.
In another bowl mix beat the eggs then gradually add in oil(or melted butter), milk, yoghurt and season with salt and pepper.
Gently fold flour mixture into the whisked egg mixture.  Try not to overmix or it can toughen the cake.
Pour into tin and bake until a clean skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.  I checked mine at 20 minutes and found it was done by 27.




No comments:

Post a Comment