Monday, March 21, 2011

A WEEKEND AT UPPER COLO RIVER WITH
THE CAMPER TRAILER GROUP



We had a pleasant weekend camping at Upper Colo River with the Campertrailer Group.  As it was a short time we decided not to take the camp oven.  Sparky loves his Coleman Gas Oven and again made some rock cakes. 








He used my camp oven table that I bought from Cabelas in the USA as his cooking place.











Our neighbours had some cast iron treasures that had belonged to his pop.  The handles stood out and I just had to go inspect it.  Unfortunately we couldnt read the name on the rim.




Some more of his treasures.












The rain came down rather heavily over the Saturday night and I walked down early to see if I could get a misty shot of the river but it was pretty clear.  I had a swim the previous day and it was cool but not too cold to swim in.
The rain held off enough for us to make our Happy Hour circle which was probably the biggest I have been part of.  Our people cap was 150 and we were booked out.







2 comments:

  1. Hey, love that old jaffle iron!! The new ones are never heavy enough!!

    Come join my 'round the world' extravaganza #2!! Love to see you there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, we had a single one that was my Mums but when the handle broke it was thrown out.....this was before I knew the value of using cast iron when camping.

    ReplyDelete