Saturday, September 18, 2010

FOOD WISHES - CHEF JOHN - CIABATTA

Last night on my reader was a recipe for a revisited No Knead Pizza Dough at Food Wishes.  I followed a link there to a Ciabatta recipe and decided to make it.  It has less yeast than I have been using in the other No Knead recipes and I wondered how it would go.  It all worked fine and we enjoyed it for lunch today.

Go to Chef John at Food Wishes Youtube to see how it should look as you cook it 




Ciabatta (I didnt make the proper shape)
 Ingredients
4 cups bread flour (I used 3 cups of ordinary flour and l cup of wholemeal flour)
1/4 teaspoon yeast
2 cups warm water
1 1/2 teaspoons salt

Mix it all together in a large container and set aside at room temperature for 18 hours.
Flour and tip out onto floured board and pull from each side under into a ball.   Then shape into your loaf.  I opted for more a Boule shape than the Ciabatta shape.  Cover and put aside for another two hours.
After 1 hour I put the heat beads on to heat up. This usually takes between 20 and 30 minutes. I then put 7 heat beads under and 22 on top of a 12" camp oven.  425F is the heat we are aiming for.
I cooked it for 35 minutes and felt it was done and put it to cool.

1 comment:

  1. Ciabatta is one of my favorite breads and I've not made it in a while. I had no idea there was a no knead version..thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete