Friday, May 7, 2010

APPLE & HONEY CHALLAH BREAD

I adpated this recipe from the HBin5 Apple & Honey Challah Bread.  I added a cup of sultanas and a teaspoon of cinnamon to the original recipe and made a half quantity and used it all in one braid.

It was well chilled after several days in the fridge and I didnt do a good job of smoothing the ball. It hand rolled out easily - thicker on one end than the other as per instructions..


I used a springform tin as I wanted it high rather than spread out. I left it 90 minutes under plastic





Brushed it with egg wash and sprinkled sesame seeds on then into a 350F/170C Oven for 50 minutes, I checked it at 30 and 40.
 

I was happy with how it looked :)






I couldnt wait for it to get really cold, it tastes nice but I would add some walnuts and double the spice next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment